Display/Edit Source: Help
Every source that is referenced by a citation in the family tree is
recorded in the Sources Master List.
You get to this web page by clicking on the link on the numeric
key field on the
Sources Master List web page or
by clicking on a source in the footnotes of an individual page.
The following information is displayed:
- The title of the source. This is almost always the same as the name.
- The author of the source.
- The publisher of the source.
- Text quoted from the source.
- The notes field can be used to explain the usage of a source
or for any other purpose you choose.
- The Repository is where a copy of the source can be found, usually
a public archive or library.
- The home page of the repository.
- The call number is the identifier used by the Repository to identify
this source. For example this might be a Dewey Decimal number or
a Library of Congress (LC) code. It may also be a hyperlink to
a web page where the source itself may be viewed.
If you are currently signed on and authorized to modify sources, an
button appears at the bottom of this page.