This website provides a broad range of genealogy related services,
generally focussing on, but not limited to, south-western Ontario.
- A family tree
of tens of thousands of individuals whose families have
passed through south-western Ontario, and in particular Middlesex
County. This is not a static family tree but rather a dynamic
entity that can be contributed to by anyone interested in these
families. Since the facilities to update the tree are provided
on the web, users can contribute to the tree from anywhere in the
world, using any form of access. There are two specific links
in this section of the page:
- A link to the top level page which provides a
set of management tools
for all of the tables making up the
family tree database.
- A link to the nominal index of the
Family Tree. This permits you to search
for individuals by name and birth date.
- A link to the documentation on GitHub of the implementation
of the web-site.
- Access to the contents of the database in machine readable form,
for use by applications
running on this and other sites is provided.
How to get information in the form of an XML document, and
How to get information in the form of a JSON document.
- Pointers to other sources of genealogical information broken down
geographically. This site focuses in particular on
Canada, but there are also
special sections on the
United States of America, the
United Kingdom, and a collection of
sites that charge for information.
- A collection of user guides for particular issues in genealogy.
- Links to back issues of the monthly newsletter that is sent by
e-mail to the registered contributors.
- Links to back issues of the Monthly Technical Status Reports, which
describe the changes made to the functionality of the web-site
each month, as well as a list of bugs that have been corrected.